[Dbix-class] How I hate (some) DBAs

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 18:22:36 GMT 2009

----- Original Message ----

Is your application going to run in a shared Oracle cluster?  That could account for
the DBA being very touchy, since s/he might be worried about how the load of your
application will affect the other applications.  If so, try to demostrate load and
how you system impacts the site.

I can understand the whole "stored procedures are the API" thing.  It was a
pretty normal way to introduce a layer between the database and the application
and would give the DBA more control.

Is your DBA under fire?  The economy is not so good and people are looking to
make sure they have work to do...