[Dbix-class] DBIC equivalent to DBIx::OO::Tree?

Rob Kinyon rob.kinyon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 02:06:31 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 18:53, Ian <dbix-class at iandocherty.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why this is not on CPAN. Is this because it is not an
> 'approved' module which is allowed to go into the DBIx::Class namespace?

It is "approved" (inasmuch as there is an approval process). The
implementation has been done in full view of everyone in #dbix-class
and with a lot of guidance from me and ribasushi.

> Also looking at the code it is only a basic implementation and much more
> functionality could be implemented (I am volunteering) in that it only
> implements the methods
>
> parents (which I think really means ancestors)
> parent
> children (which I think really means descendants)
> nodes (which returns all nodes in the tree)
>
> I can do some work on this module and can contact the author, but what would
> need to be done and who would I contact to get this into the DBIx::Class
> namespace and onto CPAN?

Work with the author(s) to get it into a shape that's releasable. I've
got some pie-in-the-sky ideas of "One tree module to rule them all"
that you might be interested in. I am ENOTIME because I'm doing crazy
plugin-y things with DBM::Deep.

Rob