[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Tue Oct 4 16:49:49 GMT 2016

I did say MST RFC:MUST be respected. :P This is only here because of
you. I was an early CDBI user and was there for the fights over its
direction and saw you as the voice of reason, patience, and vision.
Regardless of work done since, I see you as the owner. I was unaware
there was as much of a schism as there apparently is.

I don't know which approach is better. I feel the "permanent
development ban" you assert is misrepresenting the situation. I
haven't done any dev work here for years though so my opinion must be
heavily salted to be palatable. You speak of this situation killing
DBIC. I thought it was dying for a bit there a few years back and even
started exploring doing my own version. DBIC feels more vital now than
it had for quite some time. On the other hand, maybe it could
experience another renaissance if the gates reopen to more and easier
development.

So, I don't know. I do think it should be solved between lead devs
(past and present). There is apparently too much the peanut gallery
doesn't know and this is a practical not a theoretical discussion so
only those involved have truly valid opinions.