[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

David Golden xdg at xdg.me
Tue Oct 4 17:00:40 GMT 2016

As I mentioned, I think it would be great to understand what Peter is
thinking about a "freeze" – whether that's no new releases ever, or
security/critical-bug-fix releases only, general bug fixes only, or
something else.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable for people to say "we want
stability more than new features, so yes to bug fixes, but no to new
features".

I also think it would be perfectly reasonable for people to say they want
new features, even if it risks introducing new bugs. And then people can
debate how much risk to accept and what development processes might
mitigate it.

David