[Dbix-class] IMPORTANT: A discussion of DBIC governance and future development

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 01:41:53 GMT 2016

Meanwhile:

Riba presents

https://web.archive.org/web/20161004214347/http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2013/07/crowdsourcing-self-confidence.html#comment-1129854

as a to-him unamnbiguous legitimisation of his first come, except that in
there my entire goal was to turn DBIx::Class into a team project again, which
if you read my comment will, I hope, be obvious.

As I said then: "I suspect what we need to try and achieve is to get DBIC a
bit more decentralised" - and I stand by that now, hence my proposal of a
core team.

I continue to be confused as to why ribasushi considers such pedantic points
of order more important than providing a future for DBIx::Class that the
user base can agree upon.

Subject: Re: Message from PAUSE Admins to DBIx::Class maintainers [resend]
To: Matt S Trout <mst at shadowcat.co.uk>, Graham Knop <haarg at haarg.org>,
 David Golden <xdg at xdg.me>, "modules at perl.org" <modules at perl.org>

On 10/04/2016 11:36 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:

> Had I not got explicit agreement before transferring anything that all I
> was doing was easing co-maint addition, I would absolutely not have gone
> down this route.

Since we are digging in the past: had I not gotten an unambiguous
legitimization of my 1st come from both Matt[1] and an even stronger one
from David[2] ( in addition to a large swathe of the community ) I don't
think I would have returned for additional 3 years trying to rescue this
project from its immense architectural debt.

[1]
https://web.archive.org/web/20161004214347/http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2013/07/crowdsourcing-self-confidence.html#comment-1129854
[2]
https://web.archive.org/web/20161004214347/http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2013/07/crowdsourcing-self-confidence.html#comment-1130257