[Dbix-class] Let's call things what they are 2/2

Peter Rabbitson rabbit+dbic at rabbit.us
Tue Oct 11 17:30:58 GMT 2016

On 10/08/2016 04:07 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:

> (4) Same statement as 3, but with an added point: You don't need to have me
> back either. Frew's right that I can be kind of an asshole (hell, one of
> the reasons I wanted him on this team was because he has a knack for making
> me realise I've done it again in time to do something about it), and I've
> been mostly gone for a fair few years, and I don't have a concrete vision
> here because I was rather expecting riba to do something more sensible than
> this so I didn't expect to need one. But I'm happy to try (and there's no
> need to reply to fluff my ego if you -are- ok with tolerating me again, I
> just don't feel like people whispering 'takeover' later).

To make it as clear as possible, and protect what I wrote so far from
mis-interpretation:

Given the long-established goals/priorities of this namespace, and mst's
*technical* track record [1], it is my immutable opinion that
DBIx::Class has no future as long as Matt Trout has any privileged (i.e.
not a mere user) influence on DBIC's governance and direction.

This is also why I am not granting Daren Duncan's request[2]. It makes
no sense to do anything until there is unambiguous *lasting* clarity wrt
the above.

[1] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012282.html
[2] http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012269.html