[Dbix-class] Alternative proposals proposal

Karen Etheridge perl at froods.org
Thu Oct 13 21:44:06 GMT 2016

I don't see how more people would either "dilute responsibility" nor
destabilize the team.  For example, consider the people who hold comaint on
the Moose namespace:

https://metacpan.org/author/DOY
https://metacpan.org/author/DROLSKY
https://metacpan.org/author/ETHER
https://metacpan.org/author/FLORA
https://metacpan.org/author/GRODITI
https://metacpan.org/author/HDP
https://metacpan.org/author/MSTROUT
https://metacpan.org/author/PERIGRIN
https://metacpan.org/author/SARTAK
https://metacpan.org/author/STEVAN

or Catalyst:

https://metacpan.org/author/AGRUNDMA
https://metacpan.org/author/APEIRON
https://metacpan.org/author/ARCANEZ
https://metacpan.org/author/BOBTFISH
https://metacpan.org/author/BRICAS
https://metacpan.org/author/DGL
https://metacpan.org/author/EDENC
https://metacpan.org/author/ELLIOTT
https://metacpan.org/author/ETHER
https://metacpan.org/author/FLORA
https://metacpan.org/author/FREW
https://metacpan.org/author/HAARG
https://metacpan.org/author/ILMARI
https://metacpan.org/author/JJNAPIORK
https://metacpan.org/author/JROCKWAY
https://metacpan.org/author/MITHALDU
https://metacpan.org/author/MRAMBERG
https://metacpan.org/author/MSTROUT
https://metacpan.org/author/PHAYLON
https://metacpan.org/author/RIBASUSHI
https://metacpan.org/author/SSCAFFIDI
https://metacpan.org/author/VANSTYN
https://metacpan.org/author/WSHELDAHL

Both of these projects have some authors who contribute frequently, and some
less frequently, but in both cases it is reassuring to know that there are
additional people waiting in the wings to step in should a crisis occur
(either of the "she's off her meds" sort or "she was hit by a bus" sort).

Further, I would point out that Matt is comaint of both of these projects,
and
has **added to** the stability of them through his presence and advice, not
detracted from it.

Besides, Matt has held comaint on DBIx::Class itself all this time and has
not
meddled with the direction set by its BDFL for years; why would this be
expected to change if the leadership changed?  I am baffled at how such a
thing
would be presumed.