[Dbix-class] Alternative proposals proposal

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 21:27:45 GMT 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:42:12PM +0200, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> As a community you seem to want prioritization of stability. Then
> why aren't you clamoring for a team that *mostly* leans towards
> stability *naturally*? I do not understand why settle for an
> illusion of a working group fully controlled by someone who
> demonstrably optimizes, and went on record intending to continue
> optimizing for progress for the sake of progress.

I disagree that I would "fully control" such a team, but it's clear that
you think less of our co-maints than I do.

Anybody who has genuine concerns that I would optimise for "progress for the
sake of progress" as opposed to the "impressive record of reliability" from
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012222.html is
very welcome to join the outstanding questions thread.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/