[Epo-marketing] OSCON Talk

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 01:01:59 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Mike Whitaker <epo at altrion.org> wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2009, at 15:08, Cory Watson wrote:
>
>> Per some pushing by Chris and Mike I'm strongly considering rewriting a
>> large chunk of my "Moose for Managers" talk to be "Enlightened Perl for
>> Managers" or something, perhaps, less Managery and giving submitting the
>> talk for OSCON.  I think that, generalized and littered with actual real
>> world examples (which I have quite a few of here in house) a great
>> presentation could be put together.
>>
>> I'd obviously run this by everyone as it was being worked out.  The CFP
>> ends on 02/03 so I need to get the abstract written.  Does anyone have any
>> problems with this idea?  Maybe a better topic?  I'm open to suggestions.
>

> As I said to you, I think it's an absolutely superb idea. It's actually a
> keynote-standard talk (and you present better than I do), and we should get
> a version of that talk out everywhere.
>
> (Frankly, we should also get a good video of it up somewhere too)

The only thing is we have to get Cory 2 pints of Old Thumper to keep
the quality up... but I'm sure something can be arranged.

Having said that, I think the Moose for Managers is good because it
does pique some interest in the "For Managers" thing.  At the very
least, there may be some other-language-zealots that would attend just
with the pretense of debunking our myths; perhaps with the end result
of them being surprised and curious about Perl.

Maybe something like, "Enlightened Perl: A Managers Guide to Modernizing Perl"

-J