[Epo-members-announce] Adding Padre, the Perl IDE as and EPO project

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Feb 15 11:43:38 GMT 2010

* On Mon, Feb 15 2010, Mark Keating wrote:
> Okay I am currently registering 4 people as voting Yay and one person
> as Nay, Jrock you made an opinion but I didn't see a vote.

+1.  Editing tools are always good.

And I don't think Gabor mentioned it, but one of Padre's aims is to make
it easy for people just learning programming to edit Perl.  At that
point in your programming career, absolute editing power is an
impediment to learning Perl; there is too much you need to know to make
everything work.  Once you really understand Perl, you can explore other
less hand-holdy tools.  But for those just starting, some hand-holding
is always nice.

Supporting Padre doesn't harm your favorite editor.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway