[Epo-members-announce] Beermats for Promotion at events

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 15:56:36 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Mark Fowler <mark at twoshortplanks.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Mark Keating <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Unless there is serious objection from the board, these will be going to print next week. If you have any comments then please make them soon. All board members can respond in the usual manner.
>
> Several of these URLs are too long to type in, in particular the ones
> for kobesearch and search.cpan.org.  Basically any url that has more
> than ten characters in the path is pretty untypeable.
>
> Can we afford to register some vanity domains (or at least set up
> subdomains of enlightenedperl.org) that 302 to the actual resource?

It might be late, but let me also add my 2c to the discussion.

I'd include a link to www.perl.org  and probably ask for subdomains on perl.org
and setup redirection just as http://moose.perl.org has.

For DBIx::Class I'd probably talk to the http://dbi.perl.org/ folks to
make it more
prominent on that web site and include the http://dbi.perl.org/ on the beer mat.
Especially as I think we are trying to promote general solutions to people who
are probably not Perl developers.

Also http://kensho.perl.org

BTW I think the Catalyst picture is way better than the other two. So
if someone
could improve those two...

Oh and the last note, maybe you could also create a batch for Padre?
you know, the Perl IDE?

Gabor