[html-formfu] setup() method

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:31:47 GMT 2007

On 11/07/07, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Some revisions ago you added a setup() method which is called on every
> element. See this thread:
>
> http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/html-formfu/2007-May/000039.html
>
> I've implemented a custom element which makes use of this setup method to
> build multiple elements. Now the problem is that the block element's setup()
> method does this:
>
> map { $_->setup } @{ $self->_elements };
>
> which makes my element appear twice in the form if placed inside a block
> element (e.g. a simple_table) because my setup method is called once in
> ObjectUtil and a second time from the block element.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this? Is it really neccessary to have the block
> element call setup again for all the elements it's enclosing?

I'm in holiday mode - so my mind's already going fuzzy - hope there's
still enough of it left to help...

Where abouts in ObjectUtil is it being called?
Why's the setup being called twice?

What does your custom element subclass? And what elements does it contain?

Is the problem that your custom element's setup method is still
calling SUPER::setup() (extending) when you should be overriding
setup() ?