[html-formfu] Blank form fields mean nothing comes in on a submit?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:12:18 GMT 2007

On 02/09/07, Barry Hoggard <bhoggard at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I have a field that did contain information, and I clear it out, it
> doesn't show up in the list of Body Parameters in catalyst, which
> means that populate_from_formfu doesn't empty out the field.  I've put
> some of my yml file below.  In this case I can't leave URL blank in
> order to get it cleared out.  I don't have any filters activated.  Am
> I doing something wrong?  I'm using version 0.01003.

What you're describing isn't what I would expect to happen.

Attached is a basic Cat app that uses DBIx-Class-HTML-FormFu.

Load it up, and view the root URL.

If you edit 1 of the rows, empty the text field, and submit it -
you'll see it correctly sets foo=3D"" in the db - and in your console's
debug output, "foo" is listed in the input parameter list as present,
but empty.

Can you see if you can edit this application to replicate the error
you're getting?

Cheers,