[html-formfu] Different attributes for the first record in a repeatable block

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:36:43 GMT 2009

2009/3/26 Ascii King <tech at swattermatter.com>:
> I read the documentation. I swear! :)
> Will the get_field function grab a div tag? I can't get it to, even if the
> tag is not in a repeatable element. The div tag I want is buried in some
> fieldsets, so do I need to use 'get_all_element'?
>
> Truthfully I've tried every combination and I can only get it to work for
> fields, not for div tags.
>
> $Repeat_field = $form->get_field( 'repeat_chunk' );
> $Repeat_field->attributes('class' => 'foo');
>
> Works for a text box, but not a div tag. The error I get from a div tag
> attempt is:
> |"Can't call method "attributes" on an undefined value|

I should have realised from the name 'repeat_chunk' that you were
searching for a Block, not a field.
Yes, you need:
    get_all_element()

I suspect what's happening here is that the rep blocks aren't getting
the 'name' copied over.
If you use Data::Dumper, you should be able to confirm that.
If that's the case, could you commit a fix?

Cheers,