[html-formfu] dynamically filter a Select list

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Wed Sep 16 05:11:06 GMT 2009

Am 16.09.2009 um 03:28 schrieb Charlie Garrison:

> Good morning,
>
> On 15/09/09 at 4:22 PM -0400, Ascii King <tech at swattermatter.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This doesn't seem to do anything. I think it is supposed to load a
>> set of functions into the header, but when I check the in-browser
>> source code, nothing is there. I have installed HTML::Prototype and
>> Catalyst::Plugin::Prototype on my computer. Is there something I
>> need to add to my code to get it to recognize those plugins?
>
> Someone may correct me, but I don't think Protoype is considered a
> good javascript library to use these days. There are lots to choose
> from that seem to have a much better rep; Dojo, ExtJS, jQuery, etc.
> I use Dojo and am very happy with it.

That's a bold statement. Prototype is a very lightweight JS library
which fits perfectly the needs if Ascii King because he just wants to
do an ajax call. Every other library would add lots of code he doesn't
need. Prototype is actively developed and very stable. I think it's
still one of the best libraries.

But, if you plan to dive deeper into the ajax sea you'd probably
better off with a libarary like jQuery.

cheers,
moritz