[html-formfu] title attribute and title_loc, placeholder and placeholder_loc

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Jan 2 23:24:34 GMT 2013

Good morning,

On 2/01/13 at 6:27 PM +0100, Ferruccio Zamuner
<nonsolosoft at diff.org> wrote:

>I would like to use 'title' attribute in my form elements
>and the new 'placeholder' attribute for HTML5 browsers.
>
>How is HTML::FormFu supporting them?

Put them under 'attributes' and they will be added as such in
the resulting html code:

      - type: Text
        name: subject
        label_loc: Subject
        attributes:
          title: page subject
          placeholder: type here the page subject

Note, I'm not sure how *_loc is handled with 'extra' attributes,
so either read the code to see if *_loc is supported, or just do
simple testing first and build from there.

Second note, attributes_xml means the attribute values will not
be encoded (which allows you to embed pre-encoded entities, etc)
and looking at your example you just want 'attributes' instead.

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>

〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt