[MetaCPAN] Uploading author meta data

Marius Gavrilescu marius at ieval.ro
Sun Jun 29 22:02:35 GMT 2014

Some time ago metacpan had an option to create an account and then use
it to alter your author meta data. Right now the website only lets you
log in with Facebook/GitHub/Twitter/Google.

I have found [0], which looks promising. However, the link at the bottom
of the page ([1]) points to a very old commit, and I could not find an
equivalent directory in master.

Does this author-version.json method still work?
If yes, can I download my current meta data in this format somehow?
If not, how can I update my meta data without having to create an
account at Facebook/Github/Twitter/Google/any other non-free service?

[0]: https://github.com/CPAN-API/cpan-api/wiki/How-to-upload-author-meta-data
[1]: https://github.com/CPAN-API/cpan-api/tree/3ad5ad8506c18e4bc3caa6c1489db694e600dcb5/conf/authors/id
--
Marius Gavrilescu