[northwestengland.pm] Lambda Lounge: Mon 20th May - serverless Clojurescript on AWS!

Hakim C hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Wed May 15 21:07:49 GMT 2019

Hi all,

Our next meeting is: Monday 20th May.

We'll be at Barclays Eagle Labs Manchester (
https://labs.uk.barclays/locations/manchester) again.  We'll start at 19:00!

Please register at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lambdalounge-may-2019-serverless-clojurescript-on-aws-tickets-61699405583

Where we’re going, we don’t need servers!

Our own Alex Lynham (@hipsters_unite <https://twitter.com/hipsters_unite> -
blog <http://the-frey.github.io/>) will help us find out how the Serverless
framework and ClojureScript can be used in anger, what the gotchas are, and
how you might go about making a development workflow using it.

By the end of the session, you should have a mini-API using Lambdas and
ClojureScript deployed on AWS, as well as some idea of how these tools fit
together with your text editor and development process.

Warning! Contains parens!

N.B. We’re just going to be focussing on using these two together during
the session, we won’t be deep diving into Lambda Layers or any peripheral
cool stuff, though we can talk about it at the pub!

Please ensure that you have:

   - Installed Clojure, preferably via Leiningen
   - Installed Node.js
   - An AWS account (please double-check that billing limits are set!)
   - Your favourite text editor

Pizzas and drinks will be courtesy of our sponsors Dunnhumby!