[Xml-compile] Is XML::Compile the right tool for writing a SOAP server?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Sat Mar 21 13:11:11 GMT 2009

* Oliver Gorwits (oliver.gorwits at oucs.ox.ac.uk) [090321 08:32]:
> Alternatively, I believe someone is working on a mod_perl2 handler
> for ::Server - I'm interested in this too because we already have
> Apache2 servers running so it'd be nice to add my SOAP services to
> those (rather than run a separate server using Net::Server).

I do not really see the benefit of this: there are many side-effect
in running under mod_perl, which are no problem under a pure daemon.
But probably, it is very simple to extract the few calls to get that
to work.

As author of XML::Compile::*, I would really like to know what
people need and add to the code.  Maybe, everyone can benefit
from that work.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net